UNDER STATE LAW, THIS DOCUMENT IS A PUBLIC RECORD
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY & HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
In consideration for permission to participate as a volunteer in one or more City of Murfreesboro (“City”) public service projects between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, for the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department, Outdoor Murfreesboro Division, I agree as follows:
1. I have considered and evaluated the risks, danger and possibility of injury resulting from my or my child/ward’s participation as a volunteer performing a public service project for the City of Murfreesboro.
2. I know and understand foreseeable and unforeseeable injuries from common or unexpected sources could occur from the actions of myself or my child/ward, other participants, the City, its employees or volunteers, and other persons involved in this public service project.
3. I deliberately and knowingly assume all costs, risks of injury and/or other damages including but not limited to cost of my medical treatment, permanent injury or death, and my property damages resulting from my or my child/ward’s participation in the public service project. I waive, release and hold harmless the City, its employees, volunteers, and agents from all legal and financial responsibility and from all costs, injuries and/or other damages for myself and or my child/ward (including but not limited to, cost of medical treatment, permanent injury or death, and property damage) which might occur while I or my child/ward is participating in the public service project.
4. If I am not present, or if present and am not able to make decisions, I authorize the City, its employees, volunteers and/or contractors to obtain or provide any first aid or other medical treatment which they deem necessary for me at my expense and this is subject to the waiver, release, assumption of costs, risks and hold harmless, etc., as set forth in paragraph 3.
5. I give my permission to the City of Murfreesboro for any photos or video footage of myself and/or child/ward taken during the course of this public service project to be used for educational, promotional, or any other purpose by the City of Murfreesboro.
6. I represent that I am the parent/legal guardian of the child(ren) participating in this public service project and I give permission on behalf of myself and any other parent/legal guardian for this child to participate in in this public service project.
7. I agree that in the event of any lawsuits arising from this agreement of this sport or activity, jurisdiction and venue shall be in the courts of Rutherford County, Tennessee.
8. This form must be signed by each participant named who is 18 or older and by the parent or guardian of each participant named who is under 18 years old.