Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Participant Waiver and Release of Liability PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. In consideration for permission to participate in this The Murfreesboro Christmas Parade and any related transportation, I agree as follows:
1. I have considered and evaluated the risks, dangers and possibility of injury resulting from participation in and related transportation to the activity in which I, my child or ward, and/or business/club/organization is voluntarily participating.
2. I know and understand foreseeable and unforeseeable injuries could occur from actions of myself, members of my family and spouse, my child or ward, my business/club/organization, other participants, the City, its employees or volunteers, contractors with the City and other persons involved in the activity or not.
3. I deliberately and knowingly assume all costs, risks of injury and/or other damages for myself, members of my family and spouse, my child or ward, and/or business/club/organization including but not limited to cost of medical treatment, permanent injury or death, and property damages resulting from this sport or activity. I waive, release and hold harmless the City, its employees, volunteers, and agents from all legal and financial responsibility and from all costs, injuries and/or other damages for myself, spouse, and/or my child or ward (including but not limited to, cost of medical treatment, permanent injury or death, property damage, court costs and attorney’s fees) from this activity.
4. If I am not present, or if present and not able to make decisions, I authorize the City, its employees, volunteers and/or contractors to obtain or provide any first aid or other medical treatment which they deem necessary for me or my child and/or ward at my expense, and this is subject to the waiver, release, assumption of costs, risks and hold harmless, etc., as set forth in paragraph 3.
5. I give my permission for any photos or video footage of myself and/or my child or ward taken during the course of this activity to be used for educational, promotional, or any other purpose.
6. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Release of Liability shall bind myself, the members of my family and spouse, my child or ward, my heirs, assigns, personal representative, and/or business/club/organization.
7. I know and understand that providing automobile, accident, personal injury and personal liability insurance is my responsibility and in lieu of providing an Insurance Coverage Certificate, I hereby certify that in the case of an accident, personal injury or death, I will not hold the City of Murfreesboro, Its officers, agents, employees and volunteers responsible for any bodily injury, death or property damage, and hereby release any officer, agent, contractor, trustee, employee, or volunteer of the Murfreesboro Christmas Parade for any claim or claims that may arise as a result of my, my child or ward, and/or business/club/organization’s participation in this activity.
8. I agree that in the event of any lawsuit arising from this Waiver and Release of Liability and Permission Agreement relating to this activity, jurisdiction and venue shall be proper only in the courts of Rutherford County, Tennessee. The invalidity or unenforceability of any of the provisions hereof shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field