Economic development, including re-developing of the former First United Methodist Church block, is the topic on the latest edition of “The Insider,” the City’s monthly Podcast. Interim Planning Director Greg McKnight discusses growth and planning with “Insider” host Mike Browning.
The March 2020 edition of CityTV’s “The Insider,” the City of Murfreesboro’s official podcast, is available on the City of Murfreesboro’s website http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/ via PodBean. Just click the Media Center tab on the homepage http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/107/Media-Center then click “Listen to City Podcasts” to access PodBean https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/. “The Insider” podcasts can also be downloaded as an MP3 format via the Podbean app.
Topics discussed with Greg McKnight in the March edition of “The Insider” include:
- The new Airport Terminal currently under construction.
- Fire Station #11 under construction at Blaze Drive and Fortress Blvd. in West Murfreesboro.
- Plans for redevelopment of the former First United Methodist Church block downtown.
- The amount of Planning Department projects in a fast-growing City.
- An Audit for the MPD Headquarters and the hiring of a Project Development Manager.
“The Insider” is also available on the City’s YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/3Sc00VpO9Ig and airing on CityTV throughout the month of March. “Insider” is hosted by Public Information Director Mike Browning and produced by award-winning producer Michael Nevills every month in the studios located in Murfreesboro City Hall.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.