The newest edition of CityTV’s ‘In the City’ is available on YouTube and airing on CityTV through the month of August.
Get ready for a major ‘Hiring Expo’ with more than 100 employers Aug. 29 at Embassy Suites, find out why Murfreesboro’s Siegel Soccer Complex earned the right to host the U.S. Youth Soccer’s President’s Cup featuring teams from across the country. Also, get to know GENFARE through a demonstration on using the city’s new transit fare system for riding Rover. Watch the newest edition of CityTV’s television magazine show on YouTube at https://youtu.be/4q6hzeG66u8.
The Aug. edition of “In the City” features:
- Rutherford Works, the American Job Center and Workforce Essentials is hosting a Job Fair at Embassy Suites, Aug. 29. Rutherford Chamber Senior V.P. for Education and Workforce Development Beth Duffield explains the Hiring Expo and urges job seekers to bring a resume, dress for success and be ready to interview. https://youtu.be/NvcTGSW5AtQ.
- Miss Tennessee Brianna Mason, the first African American crowned Miss Tennessee, greeted fans at Stones River Mall. The MCS Hobgood Elementary teacher received the key to the City of Murfreesboro. Ms. Mason competes Sept. 8 in the Miss America pageant https://youtu.be/w6BanR4Fcj0.
- The City’s transit system, Rover, has a new electronic fare system. Assistant Transportation Director Russell Brashear demonstrates the GENFARE system https://youtu.be/ls85W_Hm_wU.
- Murfreesboro recently hosted a national soccer tournament—the U.S. Youth Soccer President’s Cup at Siegel Soccer Complex. Parks & Recreation’s Brittany Garrett served as local chair for the national tournament. National Chair Will Maffit touts the many benefits of Murfreesboro for youth soccer championships https://youtu.be/7eUFGH_7hqU.
- R.A.D. stands for Resisting Aggression Defensively, an annual summer camp for kids hosted by the Murfreesboro Police Department. Hear MPD officers Stan Meeks and Jay Radzinski explain the self-defense skills and knowledge taught in R.A.D. so youth can use vocal, physical and defense tactics to keep safe https://youtu.be/gZOT9N2ogI .
- Watch Middle Tennessee’s volunteer spirit on display as the United Way showcases the Back to School ‘Stuff the Bus’ as school supplies are collected and delivered to students and teachers throughout Murfreesboro, Rutherford and Cannon counties https://youtu.be/X8a2jRvFKmA.
- Hear Charlie Daniels express his personal vision for helping veterans and Mayor Shane McFarland recognize the work of Charlie and Hazel Daniels at the Charlie Daniels Family Center, the most comprehensive center of its kind for veterans https://youtu.be/fKbqZ1r9vmg.
- Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Chief Mark Foulks was named 2019 Fire Chief of the Year at the Tennessee Fire Chiefs Association and the Southeastern Association of Fire Chiefs 91st Annual Conference in Murfreesboro https://youtu.be/hL0cXXh3hPg.
- Plus, the City unveils three new PSA’s to enhance emergency response, school zone safety, and promote Alzheimer’s awareness.
‘In the City’ is hosted by multimedia journalist Michael Linn White and produced by Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The August 2019 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube and Facebook. The monthly magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on Channel 3 and 1094 on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.