A new airport terminal, TrustPoint Hospital’s ribbon-cutting and more are featured in the January episode of Murfreesboro’s ‘In the City.’ Watch Murfreesboro’s monthly television magazine show on Facebook, YouTube and CityTV.
Join host Michael Linn White as she shows us the design for a brand-new terminal at Murfreesboro Municipal Airport. Learn about the importance of water quality in another installment of ‘What Watershed Do You Live In?’ and about the City’s newly-assessed Solid Waste Fee.
The January 2019 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube at https://youtu.be/jzYQyaEnP0U. The monthly magazine show airs every day at 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Channel 3 and 1094 on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
The January edition of “In the City” features:
- TrustPoint Hospital cuts the ribbon for its new facility at N. Thompson Lane and Wilkinson Pike. Hear from CEO Beth Goodner, Staff Psychiatrists Dr. Rakesh Amin and Dr. Andrew Pierce and Coordinator Mai Ferrell as they explain why providing behavioral healthcare and outpatient psychiatric services is critical to a growing community https://youtu.be/JTRdFGR4JdE.
- A brand new Airport Terminal will replace the old terminal built in 1952. Michael Linn White interviews Airport Director Chad Cherke who details how the design build approach helped reduce the terminal’s cost and Airport Commission Chairman Steve Waldron on the importance of the airport to economic development. The new terminal is anticipated for completion in early 2020 https://youtu.be/Fjk5yVusVNE.
- As the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department features the ten watersheds in Rutherford County, environmentally-conscious residences will be pleased to see the work being done on the Overall Creek Watershed in ‘What Watershed Do You Live In?’ https://youtu.be/I0WSinJaJd4.
- The Middle Point Landfill is near capacity in the next 6 years. As the City transitions Solid Waste to a self-sustaining enterprise, a newly-assessed $5.00 per container Solid Waste Fee is being implemented on water billing. Customers will start seeing the fee in January. Learn more about the fee at https://youtu.be/cp07BpTY3CI .
- Are you looking for something fun for your children to do? Wilderness Station at Barfield Park hosts outdoor events for the whole family. Hailey Moss shows us why ‘Wild Things’ is so popular for kids and adults https://youtu.be/4cLocMX8ikU .
- Plus, welcome the new City Golf Department Director Trey Adams as ‘In the City’ features the Adams’s background and goals for the department under the Community Services Division, including an adaptive golf program for Veterans.
‘In the City,’ your source for what’s happening in Murfreesboro, is produced monthly by CityTV’s Steve Burris in the studios located at City Hall.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or www.murfreesborotn.gov/citytv.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.