The mission of Murfreesboro Purchasing Department is to provide procurement services using experience, integrity and courtesy with all City Departments and to provide quality products, goods, and services which meet or exceed expectations while complying with all applicable laws.
"The Purchasing Department is dedicated to delivering innovative procurement processes through best practices, value added services, advanced technology, and a strong code of ethics."
The Purchasing Department is responsible for establishing purchasing policies under a centralized purchasing system for the procurement of goods, services, and equipment and the provision of fair and equitable treatment of all persons. The department will always strive to be a good steward of public funds by using "best practices," market knowledge, innovation, and efficiency.
Purchasing is responsible for ensuring that bidding and procurement activities serve the city's needs while maintaining fair and open competition for all suppliers.
To register your business as a supplier for the City of Murfreesboro, suppliers must complete the Supplier Registration through OpenGov and provide all required documents. All current and future suppliers should register and maintain an updated profile on the site. The site allows you to choose the products/services in which you have an interest. Through this registration, our files will remain current and you can receive automatic notifications of bid opportunities.
The City of Murfreesboro’s e-Procurement Portal will allow prospective bidders to do the following:
- Register to receive notifications of future opportunities by signing up for our e-Procurement Portal and selecting “Subscribe” to create an account.
- Follow updates to existing opportunities by finding the opportunity and clicking the Follow button. This will allow all interested bidders to received addenda notices automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers regarding open bids opportunities.
- Guide suppliers through the process of responding electronically to RFPs, bids, etc. to ensure your bids have been accurately completed.
- Receive near-real time support when bidders have any questions about how to use ProcureNow. Typical wait times for support responses are between immediate and 15 minutes.
- Ultimately, be your one location for all bid opportunities issued by City of Murfreesboro.
- THERE IS NO COST FOR SUPPLIERS TO REGISTER IN PROCURENOW.
To get started, enter your email address on the sign up page. You’ll receive an email to activate your account. Then subscribe to our bids by going to our eProcurement Portal, and clicking the green subscribe button. For more information about how to register, please see our help file.