The Murfreesboro Art Committee schedules exhibits several months in advance. View the current schedule. Please submit a proposal online to be considered for a future exhibit of your art in City Hall.
Prior to Scheduled Opening
One month prior to your scheduled opening, send three images at 72 dpi, and the same three images at 300 dpi, a short biography in Microsoft Word format, and your artist statement in Microsoft Word format. Additional images may be submitted for the exhibit gallery on this website. These files can be sent via email to Lisa Browning, Cultural Arts Assistant Coordinator.
On installation day, deliver work to City Hall Rotunda at the pre-arranged time. If unable to comply, artist should alert Lisa Browning at 615-801-2467 or Hope Fair at 615-893-5210.
Please be prepared to do the following:
- Bring your work (either framed or with a professional edge) wired, and ready for hanging. Any work not suitably prepared for hanging will be rejected.
- Bring title cards (without prices) with title, medium, and artist’s name.
- Bring a numbered list of works to be displayed. Include size, medium, and price. This list will be left at the secretary's desk in the Rotunda for prospective buyers. The city is not allowed to sell artwork, but will directly refer prospective buyers to the artist.
- Works that sell during the show may not be removed until the conclusion of the exhibit.
- Bring an artist statement, approximately 8.5-by-11 inches, with or without photograph, and framed to be hung in Rotunda with exhibit.
- Receive up to 50 postcards for personal distribution. The committee has a select list of persons to whom notice is sent when a new exhibit is displayed. Reception attendance is noticeably increased when artists send postcards to their own mailing lists. Artists desiring more than 50 postcards to send to their own mailing list may request information on how to purchase them.
- Sign the policy disclosure and receipt.
If the artist desires a simple reception of punch and cookies, it will be hosted by the Murfreesboro Art Committee on an afternoon convenient for the artist and committee. If you feel compelled to bring additional food, you may; however, no alcoholic beverages are allowed on city property. If you desire music, outlets are available for CD or tape players, but you must provide your own equipment and music. Live music is also welcome.