City Construction Projects for October 2 through October 8
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
Brinkley Rd Improvement Project (between Blaze Dr and Timber Creek Dr)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Due to base stone and asphalt work along Brinkley at Timber Creek Dr., beginning Monday, October 3, 8:00 am until the following Sunday, October 9, 4:00 pm, the section of Timber Creek between St. Ives Dr and Brinkley Rd will be closed. Appropriate traffic controls are in place. Also, Bridge work continues Brinkley Rd just to the south of Timber Creek Dr.
Medical Center Pkwy Turn Lane and Signal Improvement (between Maplegrove Dr and Willowoak Dr)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: As part of private development, right turn lanes and traffic signal improvements will be made along the north side of Medical Center Pkwy between Maplegrove Dr and Willowoak Dr. Westbound traffic on Medical Center Pkwy will be reduced to one lane. Eastbound traffic will not be affected. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Turn Lane Improvement Work (SR 96 at Veterans Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: As part of private development, construction crews will be working along the SE quadrant of SR 96 and Veterans Pkwy. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Turn Lane & Traffic signal Improvement Work (Chaffin Pl and Old Fort Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm: Construction crews will be working along Chaffin Pl at Old Fort Pkwy. Paving, grading and traffic signal work continues. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
AT&T Fiber Work (Maple St and Burton St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: Murfreesboro Water Resources Department crews will be making sewer line repairs on E College St between Maple St and Church St. Public parking spaces along E College St will not be accessible. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
1. 309 W Main St (sidewalk work)
2. Kings Ridge Dr (school zone light installation work)
3. Florence Rd between Old Nashville Hwy and i-24 (pavement marking work)
4. Mall Circle Dr (paving work)
5. Rutherford Blvd between Broad St and S Church St (paving and striping work)
6. Berkshire subdivision roundabout (sidewalk and HC ramp repair work)
7. Dejarnette Ln between Memorial Blvd and Kingsgate Dr (pavement marking work)
8. Risen Star Dr and St Andrews Dr (concrete entrance work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24
The resurfacing on I-24 from near Baker Road to east of Medical Center Pkwy. MM 70 - 80
• Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures EB and WB for de-grassing and milling shoulders.
The installation of an overhead sign structure on I-24 at MM 79.4
• 9/18, 5 a.m. – 11 a.m., There will be a double right lane closure WB and a single left lane closure EB in order to set up equipment to install overhead sign gantry. Rolling roadblocks will be utilized to set the overhead gantry. (MM 78 – 80)
RUTHERFORD SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR-266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR-102 (LM 5.0) to E. of I-840 (LM 9).
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities. Gils Street will be closed for installation of water mains.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
Chemical Control of Vegetation (Herbicide Application)
9/29 – 9/30, 7 p.m. – 6 a.m., There will be a mobile operation EB and WB to apply herbicide to the right lane outside guardrails from MM 63.19 to MM 96.48 both directions on I-24 in Murfreesboro.