City Construction Projects for May 22 through May 28
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
Dr Martin Luther King Jr Sidewalk Improvement Project (SE Broad St and Middle Tennessee Blvd)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm: Construction crews will be installing sidewalk and traffic signal improvements along the north side of MLK Blvd. Intermittent lane closures between Middle Tennessee Blvd and SE Broad. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
1. Fortress Blvd, Walter Hale Ct and Medical Center Pkwy (pedestrian signal work)
2. Dr Martin Luther King Blvd (final grading and sod installation work)
3. S-Curve on W Clark Blvd, Clark Blvd & Hamilton Dr and Bilbro St (paving work)
4. Vine St & Spring St and Mayoral Ct (pavement marking work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).
• Daily, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.