CUSTOMER SERVICE CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Transportation is deemed an Essential Service by the Department of Homeland Security. Transportation will continue normal operations hours from 8:00-4:30 Monday through Friday. To report a traffic light not working call 615-893-6441 (OPT 3) during normal business hours, otherwise contact the Murfreesboro Police Department at 615-893-1311.
Transportation DepartmentThe City of Murfreesboro faces many challenges in providing adequate transportation infrastructure to accommodate the sustained population growth that our city and surrounding area
Providing transportation improvements has been identified as a very high priority and, as such, has received
Our philosophy in combating congestion is to couple roadway expansion and new construction projects with efforts directed at improving the efficiency and safety of the roadways that already exist. That expansion and construction effort
In addition to traditional ground transportation, the Transportation Department is also responsible for the operation of the City's public transportation system - Rover. Our goal is to provide an alternative mode of transportation that is safe, clean and reliable.
Please feel free to contact our department at any time to discuss safety or congestion issues or to check on the status of planned or ongoing improvement projects.
- Murfreesboro's traffic cameras - We hope this will make navigating city streets a little easier.
- Major Thoroughfare Plan - A look into the future of ground transportation for Murfreesboro and Rutherford County through 2025.
- Transportation Projects - The City's Transportation Director maintains a list of the many street projects, the status of each, funding, and construction schedule. This download should answer your questions about when a project will be completed.
- Future/Past Bid Lettings - A schedule of when individual projects will be let for bids.
- Rover - City of Murfreesboro's public transportation system
- Traffic Count History - Reflects the Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) count along specific locations on City of Murfreesboro road network (Source: TDOT)
- AADT (Annual Average Daily Traffic) Map - View City map with individual traffic light station numbers and annual average daily traffic counts.
- Street sign fabrication and installation