Adult Day Services Program
St. Clair Street Senior Center's Adult Day Care program is designed to give caregivers for elderly clients experiencing various forms of dementia the opportunity for respite from their time-consuming responsibilities.
Openings are Now Available
Because the staff cares about its clients, the program offers an opportunity for each participant to feel accepted and nurtured on a daily basis. The elderly commonly suffer from multiple losses of loved ones, as well as physical health, financial security, employment and other time-structured activities; leading to decreased self-esteem, dementia and grief.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 1 to 3 hours: $6/hour
- Half Day (4 hours): $20
- Full Day (4 - 7 1/2 hours): $35
The Adult Day Care Program is closed on the following holidays:
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Inclement Weather
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday
- Veteran's Day
- When Murfreesboro City Schools close due to weather conditions, the Adult Day Care will close as well
A nutritionally balanced lunch is available for a donation.
- Baking projects
- Crafts and collage
- Daily physical exercise
- Day Trips
- Mental stimulation
Adult Day Care participants must:
- Be able to understand and follow simple directions
- Be ambulatory with assistance or roll own wheelchair
- Be continent of bowel and bladder
- Have an available emergency contact person
- Have an initial screening conducted by Day Care staff
- Be at least 60 years old
- Not be a "wanderer"
- Not have hostile behavior
- Not attend with illness or fever
- Not require nursing care
Families provide transportation for participants. Local van service is available by calling 615-890-2677.
For additional information about local resources, please contact the Caregiver Resource Information Coordinator at St. Clair Senior Center at 615-848-2550.