Reduced Fare Policy
Reduced Fare Policy for Youth, Senior Citizens & Individuals with Disabilities
Rover Public Transit, the City of Murfreesboro's public transportation service, offers a reduced fare for senior citizens and certain eligible individuals with disabilities, as well as youth aged 6 through 16 years old.
Ticket Fares & Bus Passes
As required by federal law and the Federal Transit Administration, this program enables eligible individuals to ride Rover's buses for half the regular adult cash fare. The current reduced cash fare is $0.50 per ride.
1-Day Pass HALF FARE (purchased onboard the bus) $ 2.00
7-Day Pass HALF FARE (purchased at City Hall) $10.00
31-Day Pass HALF FARE (purchased at City Hall) $22.50
- 7-day and 31-day passes are available for purchase at City Hall.
- Passes expire 7 or 31 consecutive days from first use depending on the pass you purchase.
- A pass allows you to ride as many times as needed between the first use and expiration.
- The expiration date and time will be printed on the back of your pass the first time you use it.
- On the first use please insert the pass into the ticket slot. Every time after that please use the card swipe slot.
- Lost, Damaged, or Stolen tickets cannot be replaced. Please keep your ticket in a safe, clean, dry location.
*Individual ticket books are no longer available.
**Single ride tickets are available for corporate and organizational purchase in increments of 25. There is NO DISCOUNT on single ride tickets.
Where do I purchase Multi-Day Bus Passes?
Application & Policy
Read the Reduced Fare Policy (Reduced Fare Policy - Spanish) before completing the application. The application for
4765 Florence Rd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Faxed copies will not be accepted.
Application Denial Appeals
If an individual's initial application is denied, the applicant or the applicant's representative may file a written appeal within 60 calendar days from the date of the notification letter of denial. Please reference the appeal process and appeals form (appeal process and appeals form - Spanish).
Questions & Concerns
For further information regarding the application or appeals process, please call 615-893-6441, ext. 1643, call the city's TDD number, 615-849-2689, or submit your question in writing to:
Assistant Transportation Director, Rover
111 W. Vine St.
P.O. Box 1139
Murfreesboro, TN 37133-1139