Invest in Your Future
The Murfreesboro Police Department is growing and constantly working to become a stronger, more dedicated force that is truly committed to Honor, Integrity, Service and Courage. We are making great strides in protecting and serving our community.
Typically, new officers are assigned to patrol, however, Murfreesboro Police offers opportunities for specialized assignments in the following areas:
- Special Operations Unit (SOU)
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- Honor Guard
- Community Oriented Policing (C.O.P.S.)
- Aggressive Drive Enforcement Unit
- Directed Patrol
- Firearms Instructor
- Field force Operations
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Community Engagement
- Murfreesboro Police Alcohol Countermeasures Team (MPACT)
- Narcotics and others
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement plans
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
- Fit for Success Wellness Program
- Take-Home vehicle program
- Department provided uniforms (free dry-cleaning), service weapon, body armor
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Get paid while attending police training academy
PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST
The first step to becoming a recruit officer, applicants must complete a physical ability test within five (5) minutes. View video below to see the layout of the obstacle course.
Post Certified Police Officer
MPD is continuously accepting applications for post certified police officers. To apply CLICK HERE. Post Certified Police Officer
State-of-the-Art Police Headquarters
The Murfreesboro Police Department Headquarters building is a state-of-the-art 135,614 square foot building which includes many amenities and technical capabilities:
- A 9-1-1 Communications Center on the second floor for emergency dispatch.
- A large officer Roll Call Room with a large video screen for pre-shift briefings.
- Officer report writing room.
- A state-of-the-art multi-room Crime/Forensics Lab for processing evidence.
- A 360-degree Training Simulator for virtual officer scenario training.
- An 80-seat Training Room on first floor with teleconferencing capabilities.
- An 80-seat Community Room to right of the main lobby with a large video screen for presentations and engaging the community.
For more information concerning employment at the Murfreesboro Police Department, contact May Hughes with Police Human Resources at (629) 201-5586, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Lieutenant Garry Carter at , email email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Murfreesboro embraces diversity and the fair and equitable treatment of its employees. This City does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability, or veteran status in providing services, programs, activities, or employment opportunities and benefits.