Imagine A Day Without Water 2021
Imagine: No water to drink, or even to make coffee with. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or do laundry. Without water, Hospitals would close. Firefighters couldn't put out fires and farmers would not be able to water their crops. What a dismal image this day would be.
Some communities in America already know how impossible it is to try to go a day without our most precious resource: Water. Every day when water is used, many Americans take it for granted. This year, the Imagine a Day Without Water campaign celebrates its seventh annual event to raise awareness and educate Americans about the value of drinking water and shines a light on the importance of maintaining our water/wastewater treatment infrastructures.
- Artwork must be displayed on a canvas measuring 24 X 30 (or 30 x 24) inches.
- Artwork must include, depict, represent, or convey the message of 1 of 3 themes: The Value of Water, Water/Wastewater Infrastructure, and/or Imagine A Day Without Water.
- Your full name and title of the artwork must be legible and clearly written on the back of your canvas.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party trademarks or copyrighted material.
- Artwork content must not display inappropriate material or subject matter. Content that is clearly defined by the Judging Committee as vulgar, obscene, profane, or indecent will result in automatic disqualification.
- To be eligible, each entrant must currently attend a Rutherford County or City of Murfreesboro private high school and must be at grade levels 9-12.
- There can only be ONE entry per individual student.
- All artwork must be submitted with a coinciding entry form, whether submitted online or in-office. Artwork submitted without an entry form will result in automatic disqualification. Entries submitted by email will result in automatic disqualification.
- All artwork must be submitted in person to the Murfreesboro Water Resources Dept at 300 NW Broad Street, Murfreesboro, TN, 37130 by 12 PM (Noon) on October 15, 2021. MWRD's hours of operation are from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday. Feel free to submit artwork and entry forms prior to October 15.
- All submitted artwork will become the property of the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights are deemed to be reassigned to The City of Murfreesboro.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- MWRD reserves the right to modify artwork entries to better fit the promotion of the Department.
|GENERAL REQUIREMENTS||(+4) Did the student complete the necessary authorization form (Contest Entry Form)?|
(+4) Is artwork displayed on a canvas of at least 30 X 36 inches?
|RELEVANCE||(+4) Does the artwork align with the theme and goals of the Imagine A Day Without Water campaign?|
(+4) Is the information portrayed in the artwork accurate and current?
(+4) Is any content on the artwork inappropriate?
|ORIGINALITY||(+4) Are any copywritten materials used in the artwork?|
(+4) Does the artwork command attention?
|AESTHETIC QUALITY||(+4) Does the artwork exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?|
(+4) Does the artwork display visual balance?
(+4) Do all the elements of the artwork come together to create a unified and appealing message?
Each element of critique will be rated by the selection committee with FOUR (4) being the best score and ONE (1) being the least score. (Best Possible Score=40 and Least Possible Score=10)
A total of $400 in prizes will be given on behalf of the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department's Community Affairs Division.
|HS Freshmen (Grade 9)||$100 Visa Gift Card, Winner's Certificate, and Imagine A Day Without Water T-Shirt|
|HS Sophomore (Grade 10)||$100 Visa Gift Card, Winner's Certificate, and Imagine A Day Without Water T-Shirt|
|HS Junior (Grade 11)||$100 Visa Gift Card, Winner's Certificate, and Imagine A Day Without Water T-Shirt|
|HS Senior (Grade 12)||$100 Visa Gift Card, Winner's Certificate, and Imagine A Day Without Water T-Shirt|
For Questions or More Information on The Imagine A Day Without Water High School Artwork Contest
Feel free to contact MWRD Community Affairs Manager, Sharon Seibert, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (615) 642-3315.
2020 Imagine A Day Without Water Video Contest
Last year, we asked Rutherford County high school students to produce, film, and edit a video that represents the importance of water and the value it has in our everyday lives. With over 20 submissions, students gave our IADWW Submission Committee an enjoyable but tough decision declaring winners for each category. Nevertheless, the absolute best videos prevailed. The results of our first-ever IADWW High School Video Contest are shown below. See all 2020 contest entries, here.