Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, more of us are staying home and practicing social distancing. As a result, households are generating more waste. Murfreesboro Solid Waste continues to focus on the trash collection, essential to health and safety. As a reminder, please follow these important tips to assist Solid Waste in keeping your neighborhood clean and safe during this difficult time.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT OUR DRIVERS
1. All trash must be bagged and fit inside the cart with the lid firmly closed.
2. Place your cart at least 3 feet away from all objects including your second cart, mailbox, car or trees. The lid opening should face the street with the wheels of the cart toward your house.
3. There are more cars on residential streets during the day. Please help us service your house by keeping carts away from parked vehicles. Our collection trucks need clear access to service your carts.
4. Please have carts at the curb by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
5. Household hazardous wastes, batteries, chemicals and electronics are NOT ACCEPTED in your curbside containers.
6. Eliminate as much limb, brush and yard waste as possible during this time. Bagging grass clippings in lieu of placing it loosely by the curb will help our drivers significantly.
For questions, please call Solid Waste at 615-893-3681.