Electronic Public Hearing Instructions
In accordance with Executive Order No. 16 issued by Governor Bill Lee on March 20, 2020, as subsequently amended by Executive Order No. 34 on May 6, 2020 and by Executive Order No. 51 on June 29, 2020, the meeting described above may be conducted electronically, and there may not be physical public access to the meeting due to the need to protect public health, safety and welfare in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The public may access the meetings live electronically through Murfreesboro CityTV, which may be accessed via Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 99 and streamed on Roku, YouTube (www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro), Facebook (www.facebook.com/cityofmurfreesborotn), and the City’s website (www.murfreesborotn.gov).
Persons wishing to speak during an electronically conducted public hearing(s) should:
- Contact Melissa Wright at (615) 893-5210 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm the day before the public hearing, to arrange participation in the public hearing remotely by video or audio. Individuals who provide the necessary information by this time will be sent an email with electronic access instructions and will be permitted to speak either via the Zoom app or by phone at a specified time. Space to participate electronically is limited.
- Download the Zoom app to your computer, tablet, or phone in advance of the meeting and ensure you have a suitable internet connection.
- Access the meeting at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to allow for resolution of any technical or connection issues. Individuals will be placed in a “waiting room” until the public hearing begins. While in the waiting room, individuals’ microphones will be muted, and their video will not be visible to others. The administrator will admit individuals one by one.
- Speak only after you have been admitted to the meeting and been given microphone privileges (unmuted) and video privileges (if applicable) by the Zoom administrator.
- Clearly state your name, address, and identify any party or group you represent at the beginning of your remarks.
- Speak only for three minutes, unless you represent a group. If you represent a group, you may speak for five minutes. You should identify the group and the names of the members who are present for the electronic meeting. When you are not speaking, your microphone shall be muted by the Zoom administrator in order to prevent feedback, echoes, or delay. You shall be permitted to speak only during your allotted time. The administrator will allow a short grace period once your allotted time has expired for you to conclude your comments; however, the administrator may cut off your microphone and video once you have been told twice that you have exceeded your allotted time.
- You will be permitted to speak only once per public hearing. Speak clearly and directly, refrain from interrupting or speaking over others and restate or clarify, if necessary, for the benefit of the viewing public.
- When possible, avoid repeating in detail the same comments already made by other speakers.
- Please contact the Planning Department at (615)-893-6441 if there are materials you would like to submit for the City Council’s consideration. Materials may include exhibits, photographs, petitions, handouts, etc.