Getting Involved

Temporary & Part-Time Employment

Temporary or Part-time employment with MWRD is typically for paid positions that can last anywhere from 3 to 12 months. High-school students, college students, and any individual looking to gain more experience working in the field of Community Affairs are all welcomed to apply. This opportunity provides individuals with more in-depth and extensive experience, volunteering toward community efforts and working on special projects to carry out the needs of our Department. 

Temporary or part-time employment can also offer more flexibility for students. Much like an internship, this type of employment is shorter in length and can be completed in the summer when students are out of school. College students who are employed during the school year usually work part time so they can still take classes.


In comparison to an internship, which is something that you choose to do in order to develop your skills in a profession, volunteering can also serve this purpose, but the driving force is your desire to help out. In general terms, volunteering is simply the act of “voluntarily” giving your time and energy to help a cause. Review our Event Calendar and contact us if you’re ever interested in volunteering for an event. Volunteer hours will be credited accordingly.

Sign Up! Opens in new window

If you’re interested in getting involved with Murfreesboro Water’s Community Affairs, email us to learn more.