Land Disturbance Permitting
According to Murfreesboro city ordinance, one must obtain a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) for construction activity disturbing one or more acres of land. Below are the forms and documents the city uses, related to construction site permitting and Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC). These documents are helpful in applying for the LDP and for inspecting and reporting. A link is provided below to the State’s construction permitting program.
Application for Land Disturbance Permit
An application fee of $150 and $50 per acre disturbed ground or portion thereof is required. Example: for a project disturbing 5.25 acres, the fee will be $150 plus 6 multiplied by $50, for a total of $450.
After the application for permit, and prior to issuance of the LDP, contact the Engineering Department to schedule a pre-construction meeting. Before scheduling a pre-construction meeting, the following is needed:
- Evidence of Planning Commission approval of development plans
- Site development plans
- Land Disturbance Permit application
- Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (EPSC) Plan / SWPP
City staff need the above materials at least one week (five working days) prior to the desired meeting date.
In addition to the general contractor, the EPSC specialist will need to be present at the pre-construction meeting.
Browse through several helpful forms, checklists, and informative documents.
Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Plan Checklists
- TDEC SWPPP checklist
- EPSC plan checklist, Murfreesboro ordinance
- Map of impaired and exceptional waters in Murfreesboro - the TDEC construction general permit includes upgraded requirements for construction located near impaired and exceptional waters.
Pre-Construction Meeting Materials
- Pre-construction EPSC checklist
- Documents to post on-site near main entrance
- Project information to post
- Contact information to post
- Twice-weekly inspection form
Single Lot Homebuilders
An LDP is not required. EPSC conditions are incorporated into the homebuilding permit.
- Residential lot-level EPSC BMP guide
- Residential lot-level EPSC diagrams
- Tennessee CGP SWPPP for Single Family Residential Homebuilding Sites (CN-1249)
City Use Forms
These forms are used as a part of inspection and enforcement procedures by the city.