Learn about the history and partnership of the Rutherford County Library System and Rutherford County Archives on the latest edition of “The Insider” with John Lodl and Rita Shacklett.
Co-author of “Then and Now,” a pictorial book on Rutherford County, Archivist John Lodl is eager to assist researchers who want to dig into the rich history of the heart of Tennessee. Rita Shacklett, Director of Libraries for the Rutherford County Library System, began her career as a library clerk in 1975 and has worked tirelessly ever since at promoting literacy and networking.
Listen to “The Insider” at https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ beginning Sunday, Oct. 20 at 3:30 p.m. “The Insider,” the City’s official podcast, is also available for viewing on Murfreesboro CityTV and YouTube https://youtu.be/IIETQxQzmPE.
This edition of Insider features:
- How the Rutherford County Library System and Rutherford County Archives initiated a collaboration to relocate Linebaugh Library’s Historical Research Room to the Archives
- Brief histories, recent expansions, renovations, and missions of the research-based agencies
- Current and future initiatives of the two organizations, including the Historic Cemetery Survey, Historic Property Survey, and the new Meeting/Conference Room at Linebaugh Library
- Noteworthy collections, original documents, and digital archives for public inspection, including church and family histories, Census records, County and court records, maps and more
- Plans to showcase historical research and Rutherford County history with museum exhibits
For more information on the Rutherford County Library System, visit www.rclstn.org or call 615-962-7424. For information on Rutherford County Archives, visit www.Rutherfordcountytn.gov/archives or call 615-867-4609.
This latest edition of “The Insider” is available via Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcast and “Amazon Music/Audible.” Podcasts can be accessed on the City of Murfreesboro’s website. Just click the “Podcast” icon link on the bottom of the homepage under “Connect With Us” https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ then click the latest episode or listen to previous podcasts.
“The Insider,” hosted by Mike Browning, originates from City Hall, and is produced by award-winning producer Michael Nevills.
Murfreesboro CityTV can be found on Comcast Channel 3 and 1094, AT&T U-verse channel 99, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, YouTube, and the City website www.murfreesborotn.gov/citytv.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.