January 19, 2021
Realizing the American Dream Zoom Seminar
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Realizing the American Dream
Tuesdays, Jan 12 - Feb 2
Time: 5 p.m.
Packets for the workshop may be picked up at Patterson Park Community Center.
Meeting ID: 594 184 8341
Consumers, regardless of income, age or ethnicity, may be intimidated by the home buying process. In-depth education and training prepare consumers - emotionally and financially - for the commitment and investment of buying a home, generally the largest purchase they will ever make.
"Realizing the American Dream" homebuyer education curriculum* addresses the following four basic areas:
1. Budgeting and Credit
2. Shopping for a Home
3. Getting a Mortgage Loan
4. Keeping Your Home and Managing Your Finances.
Participation in a "Realizing the American Dream" homebuyer education class will help consumers understand the following:
- Advantages and disadvantages of owning a home
- Setting goals
- How to budget and save
- How much they can afford to pay for a home
- The importance of good credit when they try to borrow money
- How to find the right house in the right neighborhood
- How to make an offer
- The steps to getting a loan
- How to maintain and protect their home after they move in