Information for Contractors

The Community Development Department seeks contractors for city-sponsored housing rehabilitation programs. 

Projects include housing rehabilitation, reconstruction (new home construction), emergency repairs, and tree removal. Bidders for housing rehab and reconstruction projects must hold a current Tennessee General Contractor license. 

Contractors wishing to work on houses constructed before 1978 must also have lead-based paint certifications from the State of Tennessee and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Eligible repairs for the Emergency Repair Program include electrical, plumbing, HVAC and roofing. Vendors for emergency repair and tree removal projects are not required to have a General Contractor license, but must hold any license(s) applicable to their specific trade. All licenses must be current. 

Housing Rehabilitation Program contractors are required to provide Workers Compensation coverage and carry Public Liability and Property Damage insurance. The City of Murfreesboro encourages minority- and female-owned firms to bid on its projects. 

For more information about the contractor’s role in the Housing Rehabilitation Program, please refer to the Policies and Procedures Manual, particularly Section 9. 

To be added to the applicable contractor list, contact the Community Development Department by phone (615-890-4660) or email.