Land Disturbance Permits

According to Murfreesboro city ordinance, one must obtain a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) for construction activity disturbing one or more acres of land. Below are the forms and documents the city uses, related to construction site permitting and erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC). These documents helpful in applying for the LDP and inspecting and reporting. Also below is a link to the State’s construction permitting program. 

Land Disturbance Permit Pre-Con
A preconstruction meeting is required for all land disturbing activity. This permit will initiate your construction project.

To request information on how to schedule a pre-con, please contact Lexi Stacey by email

Application for Land Disturbance Permit 

An application fee of $150 and $50 per acre disturbed ground or portion thereof is required. Example: for a project disturbing 5.25 acres, the fee will be $150 plus 6 multiplied by $50, for a total of $450. 

Contact the City’s Engineering Department for assistance with this process. After the application for permit, and prior to issuance of the LDP, contact the Engineering Department to schedule a pre-construction meeting:

Engineering Department Contact

Attn: Lexi Stacey
Land Disturbance
111 W. Vine St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Before scheduling a pre-construction meeting, the following is needed:

  • Evidence of Planning Commission approval of development plans
  • Site development plans
  • Land Disturbance Permit application
  • Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (EPSC) Plan / SWPPP

City staff need the above materials at least one week (five working days) prior to scheduling a meeting date.

In addition to the general contractor, the EPSC specialist will need to be present at the pre-construction meeting.

Helpful Resources

Browse through several helpful forms, checklists, and informative documents.

Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Plan Checklists 

Pre-Construction Meeting Materials 

Single Lot Homebuilders 

An LDP is not required. EPSC conditions are incorporated into the homebuilding permit. 

City Use Forms 

These forms are used as a part of inspection and enforcement procedures by the city.

TDEC Forms