BZA Public Hearings
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
Regular Meeting, September 27, 2017, at 1:00 P.M.
City Hall, 111 West Vine Street, Council Chambers
LEGAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
Application Z-17-046 by Bobby Kirby, representing Clarissa Smith, requesting a Sign Variance of 16 inches from Section 25.2-26 (C)(5)(c)[vi]- Height, of the City of Murfreesboro Sign Ordinance which allows a Complex Sign be no higher than 16 feet. Property is in Highway Commercial (CH) zoning district and located at 1141 Fortress Boulevard.
Application Z-17-047 by Cynthia Ford, representing Murfreesboro City Schools (Blackman Elementary School), requesting a Sign Variance from City of Murfreesboro Sign Ordinance, Section 25.2-26(C)(1)(a), which allows Freestanding Wall Signs within a residential zone to only be non-illuminated or indirectly illuminated, to allow an illuminate freestanding sign. Property is in the Single Family Residential (RS-15) zoning district and located at 586 Fortress Boulevard.
Application Z-17-048 by Roger Hopkins, requesting four variances from Appendix A, Chart 2 of the City of Murfreesboro Zoning Ordinance for the construction of two residential additions on a house, located at 702 E. Vine Street, and zoned Single Family Residential (RS-8):
· Variance of 3 feet for a second floor addition from the required 5 feet from the side property line;
· Variance of 7 feet for a second floor addition from the required 10 feet front property line adjacent to Hancock Street;
· Variance of 3 feet for an enclosed sunporch addition from the required 5 feet from the side property line; and
· Variance of 6 feet for an enclosed sunporch addition from the required 10 feet front property line adjacent to Hancock Street.
Application Z-17-049 by Frank Purvis, requesting a 10 foot Variance from Appendix A, Chart 2 of the City of Murfreesboro Zoning Ordinance, which requires 10 feet from the side property line to allow construction of an attached carport structure no closer than 8 inches from the east property line. Property is in Single Family Residential (RS-12) zoning district, located at 2059 Alexander Boulevard.
Application Z-17-050 by Rebecca Marshall, requesting a Special Use Permit to allow a home based business of sewing and alterations. Property is located in a Single Family Residential (RS-15) zoning district, located at 303 Brewster Court.
Application Z-17-051 by Jeff Hooper, P.E. of Barge Cauthen and Associates, on behalf of the Rutherford County Board of Education and Oakland Middle School, requesting a Special Use Permit to allow expansion of an institutional group assembly use (public school). The proposed expansion includes the following:
· Building Annex A/B, two-story addition of 60,647 square feet for classrooms and gymnasium;
· Building Annex C, one-story addition of 9,103 square feet for dining area and storage;
· Concession stand of 2,544 square feet and five parking stalls located adjacent to softball and baseball fields;
· Relocation of athletic fields for football and soccer to the vacant lot on east side of Cushing Avenue, and
· Modifications to parking lots at north side of school building and establishment of parking on east side of Cushing Avenue at play fields.
Property is in a Single Family Residential (RS-15) zoning district, and located at 853 DeJarnette Lane and the vacant lot on the east side of Cushing Avenue (Tax Map 068, Parcel 116.02-001).
All interested parties are invited to attend.
The Board of Zoning Appeals will conduct a public meeting during which all interested parties will have an opportunity to ask questions, express opposition, or express support regarding any of the listed applications. For further information, please contact the Planning Department at (615)-893-6441.
Davis Young, Chair