Land Disturbance Permits
According to Murfreesboro city ordinance, one must obtain a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) for construction activity disturbing one or more acres of land. Below are the forms and documents the city uses, related to construction site permitting and erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC). These documents helpful in applying for the LDP and inspecting and reporting. Also below is a link to the State’s construction permitting program.
Application for Land Disturbance Permit
Application For Land Disturbance Permit
A Permit fee of $150.00 and $50.00 per acre disturbed ground or portion thereof is required. Example – for a project disturbing 5.25 acres, the fee will be $150.00 plus 6 multiplied by $50.00, for a total of $450.00, which is paid at time of Permit issuance after Pre Construction meeting and Engineering Department approval.
Attn: Land Disturbance Permitting
111 W. Vine St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Before scheduling a pre-construction meeting, the following is needed:
- Evidence of Planning Commission approval of development plans
- Site development plans
- Land Disturbance Permit application
- Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (EPSC) Plan / SWPP
City staff need the above materials at least one week (five working days) prior to the desired meeting date.
In addition to the general contractor, the EPSC specialist will need to be present at the pre-construction meeting.
Browse through several helpful forms, checklists, and informative documents.
Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Plan Checklists
- TDEC SWPPP checklist
- EPSC plan checklist, Murfreesboro ordinance
- Map of impaired and exceptional waters in Murfreesboro - the TDEC construction general permit includes upgraded requirements for construction located near impaired and exceptional waters.
- Pre-construction EPSC checklist
- Documents to post on-site near main entrance
- Project information to post
- Contact information to post
- Twice-weekly inspection form
An LDP is not required. EPSC conditions are incorporated into the homebuilding permit.
- Residential lot-level EPSC BMP guide
- Residential lot-level EPSC diagrams
- Tennessee CGP SWPPP for Single Family Residential Homebuilding Sites (CN-1249)
These forms are used as a part of inspection and enforcement procedures by the city.