Stormwater Quality Design
Synopsis of Post-construction Stormwater Standards
- Stormwater Planning and Low Impact Design Guide
- Guide to planning and design for stormwater management
- 104 pages
- Record of revisions
- Stormwater Controls Manual (whole document - pdf)
- Descriptions of stormwater control measures (from Bioretention to Wetlands)
- Criteria and worksheets for siting and design
- 226 pages
- Stormwater Controls Manual (individual control measures)
- A web page hosting sections of the manual and control measures in separate documents for ease of access
Stormwater Management Record Sheet
The stormwater management record sheet is to be filed as soon as design and construction documents are complete. This form serves as a record of the stormwater controls to be installed and as an application for reduction in stormwater fee.
The Certification of Stormwater Quality Controls is to be completed by the engineer certifying proper installation of stormwater controls.
Small Site Development Options
Sites designed with less than two acres of imperviousness (rooftop, paving, and sidewalks, for example) and use Low Impact Development (LID) practices, can take advantage of a small-site development option which allows you to forego the otherwise-applicable Stream Bank Protection requirement.
Tools to show plans reviewers the site qualifies under the small site option:
- design according to this technical memorandum; or
- design site with low impact infiltration-type stormwater management measures and show that the total post-developed peak runoff rate for a one-year, 24 hour type II storm is less than 2 cubic feet per second; or
- use one of these assessment tools to show that the design will achieve on-site management of one-inch of rainfall
- Small Site Design Option - for development with less than two acres of impervious surface
- Water Quality Design Storm
- Wetlands and Water Quality Treatment
- Proprietary Structural Controls - Approval List and Links
View the pond, swale and infiltration design examples.