Imagine A Day Without Water
Imagine: No water to drink, or even to make coffee with. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or to do laundry. Without water, Hospitals would close. Firefighters couldn't put out fires and farmers would not be able to water their crops. What a dismal image this day would be.
Some communities in America already know how impossible it is to try to go a day without our most precious resource: Water. Every day when water is used, many Americans take it for granted. The 2020 Imagine a Day Without Water campaign is the sixth annual event to raise awareness and educate Americans about the value of drinking water. Secondly, it shines a light on the importance of maintaining our water treatment infrastructures.
The Imagine A Day Without Water Video Contest
We are asking Rutherford County high school students to produce, film, and edit a video that represents the importance of water and the value it has in our everyday lives. Help the Murfreesboro Water Community Affairs Department raise awareness of the value of water and the need to invest in water and wastewater infrastructure!
A Selection Committee will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- General Requirements
- Aesthetic Quality
The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- There is a 30 second minimum to 60 second maximum for the video.
- One entry per individual or class.
- All videos must be submitted with an entry form.
- Video must include one of 3 phrases: The Value of Water, Water/Wastewater Infrastructure, and/or Imagine A Day Without Water.
- To be eligible, each entrant must currently attend a Rutherford County high school and must be at grade levels 9-12.
- Individuals may submit no more than ONE video entry. Teachers may submit no more than ONE video entry per class.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party trademarks or copyrighted media.
- All video entries will become the property of the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the video are deemed to be reassigned to The City of Murfreesboro.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- MWRD reserves the right to modify the winning video to better fit the promotion of the Department.
- The selected winner MUST submit video content in the (.mp4) format.
- Winners will be notified by October 21, 2020.
- Winners will be recognized by the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department and all participating video content will be displayed for the public to view, in office, and/or online.
- All entries will remain the property of MWRD and can be displayed on platforms and on a frequency at the discretion of MWRD.
- Videos will be judged on creativity and representation of the value of water, our most valuable resource. The most important elements of your video entry should embody originality and creativity!
- Completed entry form must be attached to the video submission email.
- Deadline to submit entry forms AND video is October 16, 2020.
- A physical entry form may be turned in OR mailed to the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department at 300 NW Broad Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130.
- Online entry forms can be completed by clicking the direct link to the right.
- If an entry form is submitted without a video entry, your video will NOT be eligible for selection by the Selection Committee.
- If a video is submitted without an entry form, your video will NOT be eligible for selection by the Selection Committee.
Winners will be notified by October 21, 2020
|GENERAL REQUIREMENTS||Did the student complete necessary authorization forms (Contest Entry form)?|
|Does the video run within the 30 to 60-second time limit?|
|RELEVANCE||Does the video entry align with the theme and goals of the Imagine A Day Without Water campaign?|
|Is the information included in the video accurate and current?|
|Is any portion of the video inappropriate?|
|ORIGINALITY||Are any copyrighted materials used in the video?|
|Does the video command attention?|
|AESTHETIC QUALITY||Does the video content exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?|
|Does the video display visual balance?|
|Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing message?|
One winner from each grade category (9-12th) will receive a $100 gift card and certificate for participation.
ONE TEACHER whose class submits one collaborative video entry will also be selected by our Selection Committee and compete to win a $100 Visa gift card, to be used for their classroom.
A total of $500 in prizes will be earned.
|High School Freshmen (Grade 9)||$100 Visa Gift Card|
|High School Sophomore (Grade 10)||$100 Visa Gift Card|
|High School Junior (Grade 11)||$100 Visa Gift Card|
|High School Senior (Grade 12)||$100 Visa Gift Card|
|Single High School Class (Grade Level May Vary)||$100 Visa Gift Card |